Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hokies...That was Easy

Welp, I guess the "Syracuse hasn't won an ACC game on the road yet so undefeated means nothing" talk can stop now.  Granted it was the lowly Va Tech Hokies but damn did SU look good. CJ looked like CJ, Trev looked like Trev, and Ennis played his game.  Oh, and the freshmen got in for more than 2 minutes, almost unheard of in Boeheimland.  The Orange weathered every storm that was thrown at them, as little as they may have been, and they walked away with their 3rd straight 15-0 record.

The Leaders are back

So what cause the 9,000 heart palpitations that I had last week during Miami was the fact that the leaders of this team took a bit of a lay off.  Well that didn't last long.  CJ blew the doors off the place and dropped 17 of the most sultry, smooth points I've seen all year.  I mean he was back to his old ways of the beautiful baseline midrange jumpers.  And Cooney, after going 2 for 12 from 3 range vs. Miami, dropped 11 of his own and looked like his shooting motion was back in town.  So with these guys back being themselves we can all breathe a sigh of relief. Oh yea and Jerami Grant added a double-double 12 points and 10 rebounds.  Is it just me or does it seem like SU always has their best all around player come off the bench?  Jerami Grant might not be refined but he has a helluva lot of talent.  It's only a matter of time before Grant becomes one of the best players in the nation. Mark my words. 

Bring on them Tar Heels

So going into this past week I thought this would be a huge match up for the 'Cuse.  And even though UNC just lost to Wake Forest, I don't think it's any different.  This is still a huge match up for 'Cuse.  It is the first real test for the Orange in the ACC and will definitely be a close game.  It really depends of what UNC team we see as to how tough this game will be, but something tells me Roy Williams would love to welcome the Orange to the ACC with a win.  I do feel confident with the way the leaders of this team played tonight and I think the Orange has a great chance to move on to a 16-0 record. 

15 Ws and a big old goose egg
--Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment