Friday, February 7, 2014

Nobody's Perfect

     One of my favorite topics to discuss with other students here at Syracuse is their feelings on the Orange being undefeated this late into the season. Do we want to be perfect going into the ACC Tournament and ultimately the Big Dance? There have been 7 teams in the history of the NCAA Men's Basketball that have won a national championship without recording a loss (given 4 of these 7 teams being coached by the legendary John Wooden). Yet there have been 16 teams heading into the field of 64 with a perfect record that did not result in a championship.
Syracuse is off and running to their best start ever under Boeheim's reign
22-0 (9-0 ACC)

     Here is my take on the whole situation: I do not want to be undefeated in March with a target on our backs and every team wants roll into the brackets after winning a conference title. Yeah it's technically more games for your team to play but with it comes an even greater momentum swing heading into March Madness. I want 'Cuse to lose one game. Looking at the schedule we need to be most concerned about the #25Pitt, #11Duke, and #20Virginia games, and I don't want to lose too late in the season where the team could second guess themselves. So I'm saying we need to lose to Clemson, BC, or NC State in mid February at home...which means I would have to physically witness it, but it's for the good of the team.

  As I'm writing this though I'm starting to love how were undoubtedly the #1 team in country. I guess I just think it's crazy to believe Syracuse can continue this historic run another month and a half. Let the record show many people I've talked to disagree with me completely, but I truly feel this needs to happen.


Comment, critique, or question the way I feel. Let me know what you're thinking.


~ Chris Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment